Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Key Lime Pie

If you didn't already know or if you couldn't tell by the fact that I have more cookie recipes than any other kind of recipe on this blog......I might have a bit of a sweet tooth. Let's be honest, by a 'bit' I really mean that I have a massive addiction to both chocolate and sweets. I usually have a fresh batch of homemade cookies in my house at all times, but lately I've been really diggin pies. For some reason, maybe it's summer and bbq season, I'm all about pies right now.

I've been experimenting with all different kinds of crusts and fillings and it's been super fun and delicious. While I've put together some yummy new pie recipes, one of my favorites has still got to be my Key Lime pie. It's so light and fresh and perfect for summer. It has the perfect balance of sweet and tartness. I make it with a graham cracker crust and then top it off with homemade whipped cream and sliced limes for garnish. It is seriously perfection. So if you're looking for the perfect 4th of July or bbq dessert, look no further because this is it!



No comments: