Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Fall Off the Bone Babyback Ribs

My husband and I have become obsessed with grilling this year so I thought I'd do a week of recipes for the perfect summer barbecue. I'm starting with the main course, the star of the barbecue. I'm not a huge rib fan, I'd much rather have a steak or hamburger, but these ribs are dang good. They are slow cooked all day in a tangy/spicy/sweet marinade and then grilled in your favorite barbecue sauce. The meat is so tender that it literally falls right off the bone.

When I make ribs I like to have people over because it just makes dinner feel more special and not like an average weeknight meal. So this recipe is designed for a larger group but it can be halved if you have a smaller group. The recipe calls for 5 pounds of ribs but can go up to 9 pounds if you're crockpot can hold that much. I got an awesome crockpot for my wedding and it fit 9 pounds of ribs the last time I made this recipe, it was close to overflowing, but it fit!

Check back throughout the week for my favorite summer barbecue side and dessert recipes.



No comments: