Friday, May 17, 2013

Deliciously Healthy Bran Muffins

The other day I ate 9 cupcakes in one day.

All by myself.

It was bad.

I partially blame it on my mom who brought us a dozen Sweet Tooth Fairy cupcakes and then left. So what else was I to do but eat most of them myself??? After I recovered from my sugar coma I decided that I really need to work on having a healthier diet. Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving up chocolate and sweets all together, but I'm just going to work on limiting my sugar intake and incorporating more healthier foods into my daily diet.

My sister-in-law told me about bran muffins that she likes to make so of course I had to get the recipe. She told me that they definitely taste healthy but they're good. I decided to make them hoping that they didn't taste like cardboard and that my family would actually eat them. Surprisingly they were a big hit! I really like them and my kids like them too. A few hours after I had made them I noticed my 3 year old sneak a snack upstairs. I thought it would be a treat but nope, it was a bran muffin!

They taste great with a little honey or butter, or in my case a big slab of butter (I know it kind of defeats the purpose but at least there's something healthy under the butter right???). And if you're feeling a little crazy you could mix in some dried or chopped fruit into the muffin batter. I tried dried cranberries and it was really good.




No comments: