Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Cheesy Baked Ravioli

It's been awhile since I last posted but I have a very good reason why....I moved! The past few months have been insane but we're finally in our new house and getting all settled in. One of the best parts about the new house is my beautiful kitchen. It is seriously like Christmas everyday being in there. Surprisingly, so far I've only cooked in the new kitchen, I haven't done any baking yet which is pretty shocking because I have a seriously, serious sweet tooth. But when you've got a family to feed and boxes to unpack, cooking dinner takes precedence over whipping up a batch of cookies. It's a hard life, I know!

So here is what I made for dinner tonight. It's super cheesy and super delicious!

*P.S. Stay tuned because I have a little giveaway in the works that I will be posting soon!!!






Cheesy Baked Ravioli

  • 2 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 2 (14.5oz) cans diced tomatoes
  • 2 lb. ravioli
  • 2 cups freshly shredded mozzarella
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan

in a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. add the onion, garlic, salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes until softened. add the oregano, Italian seasoning and tomatoes and mix well. bring to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.

meanwhile, preheat your oven to 425 degrees and cook the ravioli in a large pot of salted boiling water. cook just until the ravioli float to the top, about 2 minutes. drain and return to the pot. pour the sauce over the ravioli and toss to combine. pour the pasta into a 9x13 inch baking dish. sprinkle with cheeses. bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden.

1 comment:

Caryn said...

This was yummy! So glad to be at your house this week to enjoy this!