Zesty Spinach Wrapped Chicken Burritos
- 1 lb. chicken, cubed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- dried cilantro to taste
- chili powder to taste
- 1 cup rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 16oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup grated chipotle gouda cheese, divided (or you could use a Mexican cheese blend)
- 4-6 tomato or spinach wraps
preheat oven to 350 degrees. in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. add cubed chicken and crushed garlic cloves. cook for a few minutes and then sprinkle with salt, pepper, cilantro and chili powder. continue cooking until chicken is completely cooked through.
meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine rice, pinto beans, salsa and 1/2 cup cheese. stir in cooked chicken. spread mixture evenly over wraps and roll up. spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with cooking spray and then place each burrito inside. top with remaining cheese. bake 6-8 minutes or until heated through and cheese has melted.