Monday, April 9, 2012

Mini German Pancakes with Homemade Berry Sauce and Whipped Cream

I had bacon leftover from this recipe and so I decided to use it and make breakfast for dinner the other night. I made bacon, eggs, and mini German pancakes that were absolutely delicious. I topped them off with homemade berry sauce and whipped cream. We had one of my brother's over for dinner and I swear between him and my husband this meal devoured in minutes. The best part was that while it looked like I had slaved away making this big meal, it was so super easy to do!



Mini German Pancakes


Homemade Mixed Berry Sauce
  • 2 cups mixed frozen berries
  • 1 Tablespoon sugar
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in water
  • water, if needed
in a small saucepan, bring berries and sugar to a simmer. stir in cornstarch and let thicken. if it gets a little too thick you can add a little water to get the consistency you want.



Homemade Whipped Cream
  • 2 cups heavy whipping cream
  • 2-3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
combine all ingredients in a large bowl. using a electric hand mixer, whip until light and fluffy.

1 comment:

Stefanie Orton said...

YUM! I've only ever had German Apple Pancakes-- and didn't totally realize there were plain German pancakes. (one of those 'duh' moments just now...) Definitely going to have to try these! Love that they are mini sized too.
Found your blog from Lovely Little Snippets- can't wait to explore some more!