Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cadbury Egg Cookies

I took dinner to a friend last night and I wanted to include a yummy treat. I decided to make these cookies from one of my favorite cooking sites. Part of me was really sad that I was giving them away so that I couldn't eat them all myself, and the other part of me was really glad that I was giving them away so that I couldn't eat them all myself! These cookies are delicious and perfect for Easter and Spring!




Cadbury Egg Cookies

Recipe By OurBestBites.com

  • 1/2 cup Crisco (I use butter flavored)
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/2 cup flour
  • 6 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 10 oz bag Cadbury Mini-Eggs*

*If it's not Easter, or you (gasp!) don't like Cadbury Eggs, try these cookies with white chocolate or PB chips- they're fantastic!


Preheat oven to 350. You'll need to chop up those Cadbury Eggs. I just put them in a ziplock bag and bang on them with a marble rolling pin until they're sufficiently crumbled.

Cream together the butter, crisco, brown sugar and white sugar. Add in eggs one at at a time and the vanilla. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture to combine and then mix in the candies.

Drop onto a cookie sheet and cook for about 8-10 minutes.  Remove to a cooling rack and try not to stuff them in your face to quickly. 

1 comment:

:: ashley :: said...

those look uh-mazing