Thursday, February 23, 2012

Peanut Butter Bars

My cute friend Missy brought these over last weekend and oh my gosh they were good! I told her I had to have the recipe. I'm a sucker for anything chocolate and peanut butter and these bars are just creamy and dreamy!







Peanut Butter Bars



  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup oatmeal
  • 1 bag chocolate chips

cream first six ingredients, then add dry.  press in greased 9X13 pan and bake for 10 minutes at 350.  Remove from oven and pour chocolate chips on top while still warm so the chocolate chips will melt. Spread when they are melted.  Let cool or place in freezer for 15 minutes to get a little firm.  Frost with peanut butter frosting. 

Peanut Butter Frosting

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 2/3 cup powder sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 Tablespoons milk

Beat adding more milk or powdered sugar until desired consistency. 

Note* I added 1/2 cup peanut butter to the bag of chocolate chips and melted in the microwave before spreading onto the cookie part.  I thought they needed more peanut butter but this is the original recipe.

1 comment:

Justin + Liesl said...

Gonna make these tonight for sure!