Sunday, February 19, 2012

Melt-In-Your-Mouth Lemon Cookies

Surprise.....it's another cookie recipe! If you haven't noticed by now I'm a big cookie fan which I think is pretty evident by the fact that I have more cookie recipes than any other kind of recipe. I think I might seriously have a problem. While I have a large selection of cookie recipes to choose from, I definitely think this is one of my top favorite cookie recipes ever. These cookies are so incredibly soft and the light lemon flavor is amazing. This recipe makes a small batch which is perfect for me since I usually end up eating all of the cookies myself anyway!




Melt-In-Your-Mouth Lemon Cookies

  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • lemon zest from one large lemon
  • 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar

preheat oven to 350 degrees. cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. mix in egg, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as you go. mix in salt, baking powder, baking soda, and flour until just combined. 

pour granulated sugar into a small bowl. scoop out dough with a large cookie scoop and roll each cookie in sugar. place on cookie sheet and bake 10-11 minutes. remove cookies from oven before they start to brown, they should be very light in color and look not completely done. let cookies cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes and then move them to a cooling rack. store in an airtight container.

*makes about 1 1/2 dozen cookies

No comments: