Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Train Birthday Cake

My son turned 2 a few months ago and he is obsessed with trains so I decided to make a train cake for his birthday party. Thanks to Pinterest I was able to get a lot of great ideas and this is what I came up with. For the train engine I used this cake mold and for the train cars I used a small loaf pan. I used pound cake recipes for the actual cakes so that they would be firm enough to stand up and keep their shapes. I used my pistachio bundt cake recipe for the train engine and my chocolate chip pound cake recipe for the train cars. I had so much fun making this cake and not only was it delicious but my son and all of his cousins LOVED it!

3 comments:

Elpiniki said...

Amazing! This is just beautiful!
Love your blog!
Nice finding you!
Visit me at: my-greek-cooking.blogspot.com

Jayci said...

that is a REALLY cute train car - I bet Mont would have been in seventh heaven with m&ms in a train!!

Mom on a Mission said...

The best part of this cake was that it tasted even better than it looked! Thanks Val.