Monday, December 12, 2011

German Chocolate Swirl Cake

I got this recipe from my sister-in-law Kristin and it is A-MAZ-ING! I made it yesterday for my brother's birthday and the whole family absolutely loved it! The "swirl" is what makes this cake. It's a yummy cream cheese and chocolate chip mixture swirled throughout the cake. I also love the topping. I'm not a huge frosting fan so the cool whip/vanilla pudding topping is light, creamy and just perfect. The key to this cake is to not over bake it or it will be dry and disappointing (which I unfortunately did the first time I made this because I got distracted and didn't watch the time). I like to bake mine until just barely done so that it's super moist. This cake is seriously good, so good in fact that I just had a leftover piece for breakfast and it was heavenly!





German Chocolate Swirl Cake

CLICK HERE FOR MY RECIPE

2 comments:

Kim said...

German chocolate is my father-in-law's favorite! I'll definitely be making this for him!

Jayci said...

sounds delish!! I'll be adding this to my recipe box. :) thanks!