Sunday, November 6, 2011

Mini-Hershey Kiss Cookies

I don't know if you remember these cookies, but they are seriously my favorite Christmas cookies. Unfortunately since it's still a little too early to start Christmas baking (don't worry I've been listening to Christmas music for the past 2 months to the dismay and disgust of my husband) I decided to make my favorite Christmas cookie in the form of a chocolate chip cookie. With this version I can now enjoy my favorite cookie any time of the year and not feel weird about it. I used mini Hershey Kisses to make the cookies a little more chunky than a regular chocolate chip cookie and I love the flavor of the milk chocolate with the almond extract and vanilla. These cookies are soft and chewy which makes it super difficult to eat just one!



Mini Hershey Kiss Cookies

  • 3/4 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 2/3 cups flour
  • 1 bag mini Hershey Kisses (usually on the baking isle)

preheat oven to 350 degrees. cream butter and sugars together. mix in eggs, almond extract and vanilla. in a separate bowl mix together salt, baking soda, and flour. stir flour mixture into sugar mixture until just combined. stir in mini Hershey Kisses. scoop out on cookie sheets and bake for 9-10 minutes (cookies should still look a little soft and shouldn't brown). immediately remove cookies to a cooling rack and let cool for a few minutes. store in air-tight container.

2 comments:

michelle said...

Good thinking! There's not much I like better than soft, chewy cookies...

Kim said...

Yum! Looks good!