Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Oven Roasted Broccoli

I don't know about you but a lot of the time I feel like the side dishes I make for dinner are kind of an after thought and I usually end up making the same boring things over and over again. Sometimes it feels like it's just too much work to make an exciting side dish after I've spent so much time working on a main dish. We're big fans of asparagus and fresh green beans at my house so those are my main go-to vegetables. Broccoli isn't a vegetable that I make very often, however, I have recently become obsessed with this simple recipe. The flavors that come out of the broccoli while it's roasting are amazing and I love the little crunch the roasting gives it as well. The first time I fed this to my almost 2 year-old he gobbled it up like it was candy.  So if you feel like your in a side-dish rut, give this one a try, it won't disappoint!

P.S. I haven't included amounts with this recipe because I never measure when I make it and it's so simple that it's really hard to get it wrong.




Oven Roasted Broccoli

  • broccoli, chopped into bite size pieces
  • olive oil
  • kosher salt
  • pepper
preheat oven to 425 degrees. place chopped broccoli on a foil-lined cookie sheet. drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat each piece. (you want each piece to be lightly coated in olive oil, not dripping in it.) sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper and toss again. bake for 18-20 minutes or until broccoli edges are brown and golden.

No comments: