Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I +LOVE+ Ebelskivers

Ok everyone, I just have to warn you up front and let you know that this is not a recipe post but a bragging post. I feel like it's ok though because I have the BEST mom ever and she deserves a little credit! She came up to visit this last weekend and as usual we had so much fun spending time together. I have been working on a big house project and she not only helped me with the project, but watched my son, made dinners, and kept my house clean while I was working. I told you she's the best! Anyway, we decided to take a little brake from working and made a trip over to our favorite store in the world, Williams-Sonoma.


I think in a previous post about cookbooks I listed that I wanted the Ebelskivers cookbook. Have you seen this cookbook, or better yet have you had an ebelskiver? They are seriously little nuggets of heaven! Well, while we were at the store my awesome mom got me the cookbook, the pan and accessories. I am dying to try them out and as soon as my house project is completely done, it's the first thing on my list to do! I also promised my mom that next time I go down to visit her I'll bring all my stuff to make ebelskivers for her!


Anyway, sorry this isn't an actual recipe but if you get a chance you should do yourself a favor and make some ebelskivers!

 The first recipe I'm going to make is the apple one on the front cover. I'm drooling over how delicious they look!


turning tools

I'm so excited about this pancake pen! It's designed to not drip any batter so it's perfect for ebelskivers, pancake molds, cupcakes, muffins, etc.

9 comments:

Jayci said...

Wow I want one now!! Or 2 ... :) Yummm!!!

Caryn said...

I can't wait til you get here to make these for me!!!! It was a very fun visit and I can't wait to see your house project finished. I have the best daughter ever!

Ash said...

Don't you think you should have a little ebelskiver party and invite me??stro

Valerie said...

Ash- You totally read my mind! I was seriously thinking that I needed to throw an ebelskiver party. Lets plan it asap!

jessica said...

We LOVE ebelskivers. I'm sure you won't have any problem, but the turning was more difficult than I thought it would be. It's taken me a few tries to make them perfectly round. I would also suggest doing the basic one before you try the ones with fillings, but once again, you're pretty amazing in the kitchen, so you won't have the same problem. I've had my eye on this cookbook for sometime. Looks awesome! I can't wait for you to share your recipes.

Valerie said...

Jessica- Thank you for the tips, that definitely helps! I wish you lived close by so we could make them together!!!

Tran said...

We love these in our household. I have the pan and have used it several times. I need to make it more often. William-Sonoma's website has recipes for ebelskivers that I've used and loved. Let me know if you like the cookbook though. I have been eyeing that cookbook for sometime.

Rachelle said...

I made these in a high school foods/cooking class and have been craving them ever since (and that was a long time ago!). Thanks for sharing!

Kuki said...

Hey Valerie I just doscovered your wonderful blog, I have one too whose name is Cooking Kuki!
A twinning would be nice but maybe you're not working anymore on it? I can see the last post is from march... hope you will come back soon, it's so nice!