- 1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1- 10oz. can red enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1- 4oz. can Ortega diced green chilis, mild
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 8-10 corn tortillas
- vegetable oil
in a large skillet, brown beef and onion; drain grease. stir in soup, enchilada sauce, milk, chilis, and cayenne pepper. bring to a boil. reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
while sauce is simmering, heat some vegetable oil in a small skillet. soften tortillas in heated oil and then place on a paper towel to drain. place 1/4 cup of cheese on each tortilla and roll up, reserving 1/2 cup of cheese for later. place tortillas in sauce, cover and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. cover and cook until cheese melts.