Friday, February 4, 2011

Chewy Cherry Chocolate Chunk Cookies

I love the name of these cookies. They are loaded with cherry and chocolaty goodness and are soft and chewy. I just popped these babies out of the oven and they are pure chocolate bliss! It's so satisfying when you have an idea for something and then it turns out just how you envisioned if not even better. I have a feeling I'm going to be sick tonight from eating too many of these!






Chewy Cherry Chocolate Chunk Cookies

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 1 cup cocoa
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1- 6oz. bag Craisins Cherries
  • 1- 10oz. bag Hershey's Mini Kisses
preheat oven to 350 degrees. cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. add salt and vanilla. 

in a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, and soda. add flour mixture to sugar mixture and stir until just combined. fold in cherries and mini kisses. bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 8 minutes. remove cookies to a wire rack to cool. store in an airtight container.

*yields about 3 1/2 dozen.

7 comments:

Liz & Zac said...

Oh my gosh! Valerie, I am coming over! Ha ha, those look so good!

Lisa said...

Wow, that cookie reminds me of my favorite black forest cake. Those look absolutely delish and those cherries shine out like jewels. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog right now called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by this weekend and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweets-for-saturday-3.html

n.davis said...

um. amazing!
these look amazing.

michelle said...

A cup of cocoa! Chocolate bliss indeed. Those red cherries are gorgeous.

Amanda said...

These look so so so good. Normally I don't like fruit in my dessert, but cherries and chocolate are such a great combination that I'm going to get the ingredients for these today!

Jayci said...

WOW - my father in law is coming in on Thursday for a few hours and he would LOOOOVE THESE. I think I'll make these tomorrow. :) YUM.

Jayci said...

So I made them yesterday and they turned out delicious! Mark even ate them, saying through a smile, "These are REALLY choclate-Y!" haha - I didn't know if he'd like them with the craisin cherries in them. But we all did! Even little Mont keeps wanting more. Thanks, Valerie!