Monday, January 3, 2011

Chicken Linguine Carbonara

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I feel like it went by so fast. While I'm sad it's over I'm really looking forward to this new year and to lots of new, yummy recipes!

I've been putting off going to the grocery store since we got back in town from Christmas so I had to be a little creative last night for dinner. I ended up making a carbonara sauce with a little twist. Instead of just bacon, eggs, and cheese, I added a little heavy cream and chicken to make this dish more hearty. It turned out really good! This recipe is really simple, you just have to make sure you move fast towards the end so that the noodles stay nice and hot!


Chicken Linguine Carbonara

  • 4 chicken breast halves
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 6 slices bacon
  • 8oz. linguine or spaghetti (I used multi-grain linguine)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
  • 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
  • salt and pepper
slice chicken into small strips. heat oil in a large skillet. once heated through add chicken and cook until chicken starts to turn golden brown. transfer chicken to a bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.

start cooking pasta according to package directions. meanwhile, cook bacon in skillet until crispy, about 8-12 minutes. transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. cut bacon into about one-inch square pieces. 

in a large bowl, whisk eggs together and then whisk in cheese and cream. 

working fast, quickly drain pasta and then toss in egg mixture. (the heat of the noodles will cook the eggs). add the bacon and chicken. season with salt and pepper to taste. sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve immediately.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

yum! totally trying this!