Cheesy Chicken and Spinach Stuffed Shells
- 25 uncooked pasta shells (just less than one 12oz. box)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped into small cubes
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 8oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 of 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 cups of your favorite spaghetti sauce, divided
cook pasta according to package directions, stirring frequently so that shells don't stick to the bottom and tear. drain and separate onto a sheet of wax paper.
preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 inch pan.
in a large bowl, combine chicken and the rest of the ingredients except for mozzarella and spaghetti sauce. stir in 1/2 cup mozzarella. spread 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce into bottom of pan. spoon chicken mixture into shells and place on top of sauce. pour remaining spaghetti sauce over shells. cover pan with foil and bake 40 minutes. uncover pan and sprinkle shells with remaining 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese. bake 5-8 minutes more and then remove from oven and serve.