Thursday, December 16, 2010

Creamy, Cheesy Chicken

Here is another easy dinner recipe. I know it's not the healthiest of recipes but it is so good and even my overly health conscience husband loved it and didn't complain about the ingredients. It also doesn't look amazing but trust me, it is delicious! The thing that really gives it flavor is the green onion.

Also, I just want to point out and you've probably noticed that a lot of my recipes call for chicken breast cutlet halves. My husband and I always prefer these over regular chicken breasts because they cook faster and don't seem to get as dry as whole chicken breasts. We also feel like the halves have more flavor because there's a better balance between how much chicken you have and the ingredients you cook it with. Anyway, I will always choose the halves over the whole chicken breasts but if you prefer whole chicken breasts, just increase the cooking time on my recipes. And unfortunately some stores don't carry the halves so I either cut the whole breasts in  half or stock up on halves when I'm out by a store that sells them and then freeze them until I'm ready to use them. Ok, that's all, I'll get off my little chicken breast halves soapbox now!

Now I'm off to bake the day away!


Creamy, Cheesy Chicken
  • 4 chicken breast cutlet halves
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup grated cheese, I prefer a cheddar and monterey jack blend
  • 2 Tablespoons chopped green onion
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
preheat oven to 325 degrees. place chicken in a 9x13 inch pan. season chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. in a medium bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients. pour mixture evenly over chicken and then sprinkle the top with paprika. cover the pan with foil and bake for 45 minutes. (if you use whole chicken breasts, double the cooking time).

serve with rice and spoon excess cooked mixture on top.

2 comments:

Lauren♥Jaden♥Kaylie said...

I made this last night. It was delicious! I love your recipes. Thanks for taking the time to do this blog.

The McAdam Family said...

Love this one! Super easy, fast, and has tons of flavor!