Monday, November 15, 2010

Chilly Day Beef Stew

Hey everyone! I'm happy to report that I'm finally done moving, my computer is FINALLY set up, and despite the million house projects I have on my to-do list I am ready to start posting regularly again. I also want to apologize for my blog being down for a few days. Of course I get a message of suspicious activity on my account and it gets shut down when my computer's packed away in boxes for a week.

Anyway, here is a new recipe. I made this for a Halloween party we had a few weeks ago. Since I was short on time, it was the perfect dish to make because all I had to do was mix everything together in the crock pot and let it cook until we were ready to eat. So easy! This stew is not only great for get-togethers but also for a regular family meal on any cold night. The ingredients are really simple and while it might not look amazing it is definitely delicious!


Chilly Day Beef Stew
  • 2-3 lbs. cubed beef
  • 1 bag baby carrots
  • 6-8 potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 1 package lipton onion soup mix
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
  • 1 can cream of celery soup
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
mix all ingredients together in a crock pot. cook on high for 6-8 hours, stirring occasionally.

*stew may also be cooked in a dutch oven with a tight lid, baked for 6-8 hours at 275 degrees.

No comments: