Monday, October 4, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes

Fall is here and with that brings one of my favorite things...baking with pumpkin!!! I was at the store a few weeks ago and could not find pumpkin anywhere due to last years pumpkin crop failure. Fortunately the shortage is over and the stores are again stocked full with canned pumpkin. I've stocked my cupboard with this fall staple and now I'm ready for months of pumpkin baking! I've got so many different ideas for yummy pumpkin recipes that I've been concocting in my mind that I can't wait to try them and then share them with you.

The first official pumpkin recipe that I came up with for this year was of course my family's new favorite, pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes.  For my second recipe I made these scrumptious pancakes. I know the ingredient list looks a little long but it's mostly spices and they give these pancakes such a yummy flavor. This recipe is really simple and easy to whip up. I think these pancakes are just perfect the way they are but if you need a chocolate fix with your breakfast, you could definitely add chocolate chips to make these pancakes even more delectable!

I served these pancakes with delicious homemade buttermilk syrup that I will post next time!


Pumpkin Pancakes
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 egg
  • 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 Tablespoons vinegar
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon allspice
  • 1 teaspoon cloves
  • 1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
in a medium bowl, whisk together milk, pumpkin, egg, oil, and vinegar. in a separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients. whisk flour mixture into pumpkin mixture until just combined. cook on a griddle at 325 degrees until browned on both sides.

1 comment:

Ash said...

oh, val! bianca and i made these tonight and they were SOOOOO good.