Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Fall is in the air and that makes me so happy and excited because fall is my favorite season and I LOVE fall recipes. I went home to visit my parents for Labor Day weekend and while I was there my mom had the best idea to make pumpkin cupcakes. We found a recipe, made our own adjustments to it and added chocolate chips and the result was absolutely delicious! Now not only can I look forward to pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, and pumpkin bars every fall, but I get to add these scrumptious cupcakes to the list as well!



Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
  • 1 cup butter, room temperature- do not over melt
  • 1 15oz. can pumpkin puree
  • 4 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
preheat oven to 350 degrees. line cupcake pans with 24 paper liners and set aside.

in a medium bowl, mix together butter, pumpkin and eggs until well combined. mix in flour and sugars. add remaining ingredients and mix well. divide batter evenly among cupcake liners. bake until tops spring back when touched and a cake tester comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes. transfer to wire rack and let cool completely.

Cream Cheese Frosting

  • 8oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar + more if needed
in a medium bowl combine cream cheese, butter and vanilla and mix well. gradually add in powdered sugar. add in more powdered sugar if needed to get a thicker consistency.

4 comments:

michelle said...

These look brilliant.

Ginia said...

I made these over the weekend and they turned out aMazInG! I found the recipe in the Utah Valley Main Street Zine.
Thanks for sharing.
Virginia Bell
Lehi, Utah
www.virginiawashere.blogspot.com

JWolfgramm said...

Incredible!! I have had so many compliments on these!!! Thank you so much! :)

Amanda said...

Just made these and they were excellent! Thanks!