Monday, September 27, 2010

Buttermilk Herb Chicken

This is one of my new favorite grilled chicken recipes. It's light and simple and so versatile. It has a nice mild flavor so it goes perfectly with garlic mashed potatoes. (I have a great garlic mashed potato recipe that I'll post next time.) It also tastes amazing in a sandwich with really good whole wheat bread or flat bread. You could even slice it up and toss it in a salad, that would be so delish!

You will notice that the recipe calls for chicken breast halves. You could use whole chicken breasts but I prefer to use the halves because they cook up faster and I feel like there's a better balance between the amount of chicken and the flavor of the herbs. I hope that makes sense, if not just trust me, it's better. The halves also work better if you are going to make them into sandwiches or slice them into a salad.


Buttermilk Herb Chicken
  • 4 chicken breast halves
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
place chicken in a dish for marinating. in a bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well. pour marinade over chicken, turning to coat. refrigerate for at least 3 hours, turning chicken occasionally. grill chicken until it's cooked through completely.

No comments: