Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lemon Bars

I've been looking for a really good lemon bar recipe and so when my friend Amber gave me this recipe, I knew I had to try it. I made them a few days ago and they are SO good! Normally when I make a whole pan of something, part of it will go to waste because my husband and I just can't ever finish it on our own. This is not the case with these bars. We definitely won't have a problem finishing off the entire pan ourselves!


Lemon Bars

*Crust:
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 cup butter, melted
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup sugar
preheat oven to 350 degrees. mix all ingredients together and pat into a 9x13 inch pan. bake 15 minutes.

*Lemon Topping:
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 4 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
combine all ingredients and pour over crust. bake for 20-25 minutes. sprinkle with powdered sugar and let cool.

No comments: