Monday, August 23, 2010

6 Layer Bars

I made these bars for a baby shower about a month ago and they were so good! I was in charge of all of the desserts so I chose this recipe because it's so simple to make and I knew I would be short on time. Normally I'm not a big fan of nuts in my desserts but I love the flavor and the crunch that the pecans give to these sweet, yummy bars.


6 Layer Bars
  • 1 1/2 cups crushed corn flakes
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 cup butterscotch chips
  • 1 cup coconut
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
preheat oven to 350 degrees. in a medium bowl combine corn flakes, sugar and melted butter and mix well. press mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. on top of the cornflake mixture, layer the chocolate and butterscotch chips, coconut and nuts. pour sweetened condensed milk over the whole thing. bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. cool before cutting.

2 comments:

Andrea Coles said...

We make this one too with graham crackers and butter as the crust. In fact, my mom made one last night with peanut butter chips instead of butterscotch chips. They're so yummy!

michelle said...

With those ingredients, these have got to be good!