Monday, July 26, 2010

Perfect Decorating Cupcakes

I threw a baby shower for a friend a few weeks ago and I wanted to make cute cupcakes for it. The theme of the shower was beach party so I decided to make the Martha Stewart beach and shark cupcakes. I also wanted to try a new cupcake recipe that I had found that was supposed to make perfect decorating cupcakes. Just like the recipe promised, the cupcakes turned out perfectly with nice round tops for decorating. So here is the cupcake recipe and a few helpful tips on how to make cupcakes that are perfect for decorating.

Tip- how to easily make cupcakes even in size without a big mess: Get a container like the one pictured above and line it with a gallon ziplock bag, allowing the bag to hang over the sides of the container. Pour cupcake batter into the bag. Snip a small corner, about 1/2 inch, from the bag and evenly pipe the batter into the cupcake liners.

Tip: I love this stuff and it's so easy and convenient to use! I just keep it in my refrigerator so I always have buttermilk on hand when I need it.


Perfect Decorating Cupcakes
  • 1 box cake mix, flavor of your choice
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1/3 cup oil or the amount indicated on the box
  • any other flavorings that you like
preheat oven to 350 degrees. line muffin pans with 24 cupcake liners. beat cake mix, buttermilk, eggs and oil in a medium bowl for 30 seconds to moisten. beat 2 minutes longer on medium high until batter is smooth. pour batter into cupcake liners and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden. transfer to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. take cupcakes out of pan and let cool completely on rack.

No comments: