Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Grandma Borden's Yummy Bars

When I think of my grandma I think of yummy bars. I don't think I've ever gone to her house when she hasn't had a pan of these sitting in her kitchen. These bars are the perfect munchie treat and are seriously addicting. They're also super easy to make. We went to my parent's house for Memorial Day weekend and my mom had a pan of these made and sitting in her kitchen. So I guess the tradition has been passed down and now my kids will get this yummy treat when they go to grandma's!


Grandma Borden's Yummy Bars

CLICK HERE FOR MY RECIPE

5 comments:

Katie said...

I first made these about 20 years ago, and ever since, my son Ryan wants them whenever we are all together for a family dinner, birthday or gathering. YUMMY!

michelle said...

I was introduced to these by a friend of mine. Holy cow are they ever good!

The last time I made them, my husband told me that they are his Kryptonite.

Andrea Coles said...

Ok, I made these last night and they turned hard as a rock. What did I do wrong? Help!

Valerie said...

I'm so sorry that they didn't turn out! I'm not sure what went wrong but if I had to guess you might have boiled the sugar and corn syrup too long. As soon as it comes to a boil remove it from the heat and immediately stir in the peanut butter and then immediately pour over the rice krispies. These bars will get harder over time but they should be pretty soft the first several hours after you make them and stay good for several days.

I hope that helps and that they turn out right next time because they really are so good! If you have any other questions let me know!!!

Andrea Coles said...

Ohhh... that would be it. I did have a rowdy child run into the kitchen right as the corn syrup and sugar started boiling. So yes, that must be it. I left it to boil for a few minutes longer than I should've... whoops! I guess I just need to wait to cook dessert until after his bedtime! I will definitely try it again once I restock my pantry.