Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Amber's Grape Chicken Salad

Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since I last posted! I was out of town for a week and I don't know about you guys but for me this summer has already been super busy. So I apologize about my lack of posts but I'm back and I have a really great recipe post for today.

I got this recipe from my friend Amber and it's seriously one of my favorites, if not my absolute favorite, chicken salad recipe. Amber and I were talking about this recipe and we both agreed that most chicken salad recipes taste too much like mayo and really aren't that good. Well this one has a great flavor and doesn't taste like mayo. It also has big chunks of grilled chicken so the salad doesn't get soggy in the croissants. If you're going to throw a shower any time soon and want to serve chicken salad on croissants, I highly recommend giving this recipe a try!


Amber's Grape Chicken Salad
  • 4 cups chopped grilled chicken
  • 2 cup red grapes, cut in half
  • 1 cup celery, diced
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup mayo
  • 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
  • 1/2 cup almonds (optional)
mix all ingredients together and then chill at least two hours before serving.

2 comments:

michelle said...

Yum! I love chicken salad with croissants! This looks similar to a recipe that I call Judy's Chicken Salad :).

Jen said...

Hey Valerie! I'm wondering how many sandwiches this recipe will make??

Thanks a bunch!
Jen