Friday, May 14, 2010

Thai Chicken Wraps

I saw this recipe several months ago and I've been wanting to make it ever since. I don't normally make recipes like this but I thought that it would be fun to try something a little different. I made it for my husband and myself and we both really liked it! Since it was just the two of us we had leftovers and I seriously lived off of these for the next few days. I really like the combination of the creamy, slightly spicy sauce with the fresh crunch of the cucumber and peanuts. These make the perfect summer wraps!


Thai Chicken Wraps
  • 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
  • 1 cup cucumber, peeled and diced or cut into matchsticks
  • 1/2 of a red pepper, thinly sliced
  • 2/3 cup roasted peanuts
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 teaspoons minced ginger
  • 6 teaspoons fresh lime juice
  • 2 teaspoons soy sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 4 tablespoons water
  • flour tortillas
combine chicken, cucumber, red pepper and peanuts. place sugar, ginger, lime juice, soy sauce, salt, red pepper, and garlic in a blender and process until smooth. add peanut butter and watter and process until smooth. add peanut butter mixture to chicken mixture and mix well. spoon into flour tortilla wraps with cooked rice and chopped romaine lettuce. roll up and enjoy!

5 comments:

Jayci said...

wow these look/sound GOOD. I love Thai food, too, so I'll be cookin' some of these up really soon. Hope your kabobs turned out delicious! (I bet they did!)

Lindsay said...

i just wanted to say hi and profess my liking for your blog which i found through ashley's dieting blog. I love a good recipe and you have tons of them! i can't wait to try these wraps.

michelle said...

I LOVE Thai food! And cucumbers. And nuts. I'm going to have to make these!

Charlyn said...

I just found your blog and I love the concept because I recently became a stay-at-home mom who is trying to get in the habit of cooking good meals. We love Thai food, so I decided to try this recipe first. It is so good. I've been wanting a good peanut sauce recipe and this is it. I love the fresh red peppers and cucumber with the sauce. One aspect of Thai food that we love is coconut so I made coconut rice to go with it. We just moved to a small town with no Thai restaurant, so now I can make this to satisfy our cravings.

Anonymous said...

Great recipe! Would love to see anything Thai, such as Thai beef salad!