Friday, May 7, 2010

Streusel Breakfast Cake

I woke up this morning and I was starving! Unfortunately I've been procrastinating going to the grocery store so there was seriously nothing to eat. All I had was one egg so I looked through my recipes and found this breakfast cake which conveniently only called for one egg. It also looked simple to make so I went for it. The results were delicious! The cake was nice and fluffy and the streusel was really yummy. I got this recipe from my good friends the Davis family and I will definitely make it again!



Streusel Breakfast Cake

*topping:
  • 2/3 cup original bisquick mix
  • 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 4 tablespoons butter, melted
*breakfast cake:
  • 2 cups original bisquick mix
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 egg
preheat oven to 375 degrees. grease a 9 inch round cake pan and set aside.

in a small bowl, stir streusel ingredients together until crumbly; set aside. in a medium bowl, mix breakfast cake ingredients together until blended. spread in pan. sprinkle with streusel topping pushing down into batter with fingers. bake for 18-20 minutes.

2 comments:

JRoberts said...

followed a friends reccomendation to your blog...yummy cake. Thanks for posting! :)

CARMAN CLAN said...

Delicious!!! One of my favorites!