Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sweet and Spicy Barbecued Chicken

I love barbecued chicken but sometimes I get sick of the bottled stuff. This is a great recipe for when I'm in the mood for something completely homemade. It's easy and delicious and I love combination of sweet and spicy. We had a beautiful spring day last week and so we got out the grill and made this chicken. It was absolutely perfect and made me even more anxious for summer!


Sweet and Spicy Barbecued Chicken
  • 6 chicken breasts (or any other cut you prefer)
  • 1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
  • 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup molasses
  • 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
in a bowl, whisk together tabasco sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, mustard, garlic, and ketchup. pour into a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat for 6 minutes, stirring with whisk regularly. set aside.

in a large bowl or baking dish, toss the chicken with the olive oil and then generously season with salt and pepper. lightly oil the grates on the grill and cook chicken covered, over medium heat for about 12-15 minutes, turning frequently. uncover the grill and continue cooking the chicken while basting frequently with the sauce for about another 4 minutes or until chicken is completely done and is nicely glazed.

use leftover sauce for dipping.

3 comments:

ashley said...

I am putting this in my weekly menu post for saturday, I will link up. Looks delish!

Redbonegirl97 said...

Sounds delsih. I will have to follow you with recipes like this.

Tiffany
Peace, Love and Chocolate
http://liferequiresmorechocolate.blogspot.com

michelle said...

That whole plate looks delicious!