Monday, April 5, 2010

Sundried Tomato Alfredo and Pasta

This is my aunt Lisa's recipe and I've really wanted to try it for awhile now. I finally made it last week and it was so yummy! This recipe is great because you can make it with any vegetable or pasta, whichever is your favorite. I made mine with peas and rainbow rotini. I also think it would be fun to try different sauces to go with this pasta. Classico has several different alfredo sauces so I think next time I am going to try either the Four Cheese Alfredo or the Roasted Garlic Alfredo, any of their flavors would be delicious!


Sundried Tomato Alfredo and Pasta
  • olive oil
  • 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 package fresh mushrooms, whole or sliced
  • 2-4 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
  • bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • peas or other vegetable of choice
  • 1 bottle Classico Sundried Tomato Alfredo (or any other alfredo flavor)
  • 1 package of your favorite pasta, cooked according to directions
  • shredded parmesan cheese
saute garlic and mushrooms in olive oil until mushrooms are tender. add chicken, bacon, peas, and alfredo sauce and cook until warmed through. add pasta and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I am so excited to get mentioned on Valerie's blog! My family loves this recipe and I have tried it with different types of cheese filled pasta which is extra yummy. My husband makes it with meatballs when he is in charge of dinner and the kids love it!

Valerie's Aunt Lisa

Valerie said...

Lisa-

The cheese filled pasta and the meatballs sound delicious! Thanks for the great recipe!!!

Val