Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Orange-Glazed Sweet Potatoes

One of my husband's and my favorite vegetables is sweet potatoes. Usually we bake them and top them with a little butter and brown sugar, so good, but sometimes it's nice to mix things up. So when I'm in the mood for something a little different I turn to this recipe that I got it from my sister-in-law Kristin. The light orange sauce is a perfect complement to the sweet potatoes and makes them soo soft and tender.


Orange-Glazed Sweet Potatoes
  • 6 medium sweet potatoes
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
  • 1 cup orange juice
  • 2 tablespoons butter
preheat oven to 400 degrees. peel sweet potatoes and cut each lengthwise in half. place in an ungreased casserole dish.

in a small saucepan, stir together sugar, cornstarch, salt and orange peel. slowly whisk orange juice into sugar mixture and then add in butter. cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. boil and stir for one minute. pour hot orange mixture over sweet potatoes in casserole dish. cover and bake for 1 hour, basting occasionally.

1 comment:

michelle said...

I adore sweet potatoes. I will definitely try this one!