Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Caramello Cookies

I have had this recipe probably since junior high and I'm kicking myself for not making it more often. I always look at it and then decide on making something else. Well, I just made these and oh my gosh I'm in love! I had forgotten how amazingly delicious these cookies are. I shouldn't be surprised because not only are they filled with chocolaty caramel goodness, but there is almond extract in the dough which I've mentioned before is one of my absolute favorite flavors! When I decided to make these I told myself that I would make them and then give them away to the neighbors so that I don't eat them all myself. Well....we'll see if they actually make it over. :)


Caramello Cookies
  • 3/4 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
  • 3 cups flour
  • 5 king size caramello candy bars, cut into squares
cream butter and sugars together. add eggs and mix well. mix in salt, baking soda, vanilla, and almond extract. add flour and mix well. mold dough around each caramello square covering really well. (I used my bigger ice cream scoop to scoop out the dough.) bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. remove from pan onto parchment paper to cool.

*tips:
  1. when you cut the caramello bars into squares use a sawing motion to cut through the chocolate. I found this is the best way to keep the chocolate from cracking so that the caramel doesn't leak.
  2. mold the dough around the squares the best you can to reduce caramel leaks. All of my cookies leaked when they baked, but even though they didn't look perfect, they tasted perfect!
  3. use a knife to scrape off the caramel from your spatula as you remove the cookies from the pan, this will help keep your cookies intact as you remove them.

1 comment:

Micah and BriAnne said...

Dangerous! Those look amazing!! :)