Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Zesty Beef Tenderloin Steaks

My wonderful husband made dinner for us last night and this is what he made. I always love it when he cooks because not only do I get a break, but everything he makes is always delicious. He also baked some sweet potatoes and made a spinach salad- the perfect sides for this dish. You can adjust the chili powder and red pepper in this recipe to make it more or less spicy. Personally I'm a medium to mild fan so if you want more heat I suggest upping the amounts that I have listed.


Zesty Beef Tenderloin Steaks
  • 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
  • 2 teaspoons minced, bottled garlic
  • 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 3-4 beef tenderloin steaks
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
in a small bowl, combine mustard, garlic, chili powder, red pepper, salt and thyme. rub steaks with olive oil and then rub in garlic mixture. refrigerate for an hour. grill or broil until cooked to your liking.

2 comments:

Caryn said...

I have the best son-in-law ever! It looks and sounds delicious. Valerie, I recommend you have Tyler make his awesome French toast one of these days and post that, too. Yum!

Micah and BriAnne said...

Mmm...looks delicious! I'll have to put that on the menu for next week. :)