Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Stay-a-bed Stew

Here is another easy yet delicious crockpot recipe and let's be honest, can you ever really have enough of these??? My mom used to make this stew all of the time while I was growing up but I hadn't had it for years until she made it one night while she was staying with us right after I had my baby. My husband really liked it so I got the recipe and I've made it several times since then. When I make this I like to cut up all of my vegetables into larger chunks so that the stew is nice and chunky, so good!


Stay-a-bed Stew
  • 2 lbs stew meat
  • 1 cup sliced carrots
  • 1 cup sliced celery
  • 2 cups chopped onion
  • 2 cups chopped potato
  • 1 can cream of celery soup
  • 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • dash of pepper
  • water- add until it is the consistency that you want, I usually do about 1 cup
combine all ingredients and cook in crockpot on high for 6-8 hours, stirring occasionally. you can also place ingredients in a covered casserole dish and bake for 5 hours in the oven at 275 degrees.

2 comments:

Spence and Aiona ... said...

YUM!!! I love to check this out, because I pretty much make the same thing( with minor variation) every night! So, thank you for the delicious ideas and beautiful presentation! You are amazing!

Micah and BriAnne said...

Ooh this looks delicious!!