Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Poppy Seed Chicken

So I guess this is a fairly common dish but my husband and I had actually never had it until just recently. After I made it I knew why this recipe or others like it are so popular...it's really good! It's also very easy to make and you can serve it with your favorite pasta or rice. I served it with multi-grain linguine and it was delicious!  So if you're like me and had never had this before, you should definitely give it a try!


Poppy Seed Chicken
  • 5-6 chicken breasts, cooked
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup
  • 2 cups sour cream
  • 2 sleeves ritz crackers, crushed
  • 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
  • 1 stick melted butter
preheat oven to 350 degrees. place cooked chicken breasts in an ungreased baking dish. mix soup and sour cream together and spread over chicken. mix together cracker crumbs, poppy seeds and butter and then sprinkle over chicken. bake for 25 minutes and then serve over pasta or rice.

3 comments:

Micah and BriAnne said...

That looks really good! But how do you cook the chicken first? Are they pan fried? Do you bake it? What does that part mean? (I hope this isn't a silly question, haha!)

Valerie said...

That's not a silly question at all! I baked my chicken but I under baked it just a little so that it wouldn't get too dry when I baked it again with the toppings. I'm sure you could do it other ways but this way worked really great for me. Hope that helps!!!

Anonymous said...

Valerie, I served this to Mark's kids and they loved it. That's a high compliment coming from elementary-aged children as well as teenagers.
Grandma B.