Thursday, March 18, 2010

Chocolate Caramel Bars

My sister-in-law Kristin has done it once again! I made this recipe that I got from her for the first time yesterday and oh my gosh it was good! After my husband got home from work, I noticed that the amount left in the pan kept getting smaller and smaller. I was kind of worried that I would eat the whole thing by myself (they're so good that I totally would!) so I'm really glad that he was happy and very willing to help me. He also made the comment that he thinks that oats make desserts like this taste so much better and I completely agree. The oats give these bars a great texture and help balance out the sweetness of the chocolate and caramel. All in all these bars are just scrumptious!



Chocolate Caramel Bars

CLICK HERE FOR MY RECIPE

2 comments:

DOEHLER DAYS said...

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm....these look so good. I might have to make them this weekend!

jessica said...

These were amazing! Thanks for sharing! I use a recipe similar to this, but have cheated lately and just used caramel ice cream topping. The caramels melted taste so much better!