Monday, March 1, 2010

Beef Stroganoff

I haven't had beef stroganoff since I was a kid but lately I have seen a lot of different recipes for this dish so I thought I would give one of them a try. I really like this recipe because it uses a lot of fresh ingredients, it's simple to make, and most importantly it is delicious! One of my brothers came over for dinner the night I made this and between him and my husband it was completely devoured. So I think it's safe to say that this meal gets the man approval!


Beef Stroganoff
  • 1 lb sliced beef or ground beef, browned
  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • 1/2 medium onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
  • 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1 cup beef stock
  • 2 teaspoons corn starch
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 3/4 cup sour cream
  • egg noodles, prepared according to package directions
heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. add onions, garlic, and mushrooms and saute for a few minutes until onions and mushrooms are tender. add 2 tablespoons of the fresh parsley and stir. in a bowl whisk the corn starch into the beef stock and then pour mixture into the pan. add heavy cream and sour cream to pan and stir until well combined. bring to a boil. boil for a few minutes until sauce thickens and then add cooked beef and heat through. serve over egg noodles and garnish with remaining parsley.

No comments: