Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Vanilla Almond Cupcakes with Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting

Today I watched one of my cute little nieces and while she was here we made these cupcakes. We had so much fun decorating and eating them! I used a simple white cupcake recipe which calls for both vanilla and almond extract which together taste so good. I absolutely LOVE almond extract! I also used a really good cream cheese frosting recipe but substituted raspberry extract for vanilla and added a few drops of red food coloring. These would make a delicious Valentine's Day treat!



Vanilla Almond Cupcakes with Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting

3 comments:

Russell said...

I'm not much of a cake fan, but I'm going to be honest, the first bite of this cupcake BLEW ME AWAY! It was almost indescribably good.

-Russell

lmcgee said...

I can't believe you didn't leave me one of these ;) They look magnificent!

Anonymous said...

I was googling to find a white almond cupcake and came across your site. I tried these out for a martini party and they were a hit! I made them as mini's and people were popping them in their mouths left and right. I am making them again for a bridal shower this weekend. I can't wait to have another! :)