Thursday, February 11, 2010

Honey Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Last night I was in the mood for a treat but I've been putting off going to the grocery store so I didn't really have anything good at my house. I was looking through my recipes and decided to try these cookies since I actually had all of the ingredients and because they looked really simple to make. I knew they would be good because I got the recipe from my friend Aly and all of her recipes are really good. They turned out so chewy and yummy and they definitely satisfied my craving!



Honey Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
  • 1 1/4 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 3/4 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups quick or regular oats
  • 1/2 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
mix sugar, shortening, eggs, and honey together. stir in remaining ingredients. drop by rounded tablespoon about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. bake at 350 degrees until just lightly brown. transfer cookies to a cooling rack as soon as they are firm enough to move.

*tip- when I made these I double lined my cookie sheet to make sure that the bottoms of the cookies didn't brown and it worked perfectly.

4 comments:

Micah and BriAnne said...

I love your blog! I found it through A Daily Dose of Dieting. I can't wait to start on your crockpot meals! Do you have a button I can put on my blog?

Valerie said...

Thank you so much and I'm so glad you found it! I don't have a button yet but that is definitely something that I will work on! :)

Micah and BriAnne said...

One of my best friends created a website called thecutestblogontheblock.com and she has a tutorial on there about how to create your own button. You might try there. :) Can't wait to try your recipes!

Valerie said...

Thank you so much for the tip! Love her website!