Monday, February 22, 2010

Double Chocolate Dream Cookies

This is a recipe that I got from my mom and just like the title says, these cookies really are a dream! This is definitely a go-to recipe when I need a chocolate fix because they are so deliciously chocolaty and are super easy to make. They taste amazing with a tall glass of milk or, as I just recently discovered, they are a rich chocolaty dream when served with the Burnt Almond Fudge Ice Cream that I previously posted!





Double Chocolate Dream Cookies
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup cocoa
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
cream butter and sugars. add vanilla and eggs and beat. add dry ingredients and then mix in chocolate chips. bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. do not over bake, cookies should be soft and chewy.

3 comments:

The McAdam Family said...

I love the taste of these cookies! I only have one problem. Mine turned out really flat like pancakes and a lot of cookies that I usually make turn out really flat. What can I do to make them fluffy like yours?

Valerie said...

I'm glad you like them! When you make your cookies do you melt your butter all the way or until it's pretty liquidy? Next time try leaving your butter out until it reaches room temperature so that it's nice and soft but not melted. If you don't have time or forget to set the butter out, microwave it until it is just soft but not melted. And I always prefer to use real butter, not margarine.

I hope that helps! If that doesn't work let me know!!!

The McAdam Family said...

Ah! I had one cube that I left out and then the other one I think I melted a little too much. Thanks! I'll try that next time!