Monday, February 15, 2010

Creamy Asparagus Bake

My husband and I love asparagus so when I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it. The combination of the creamy dressing and cheese with the crunchy topping is SO good. And even though freshly steamed asparagus will always be my favorite, sometimes it's just nice to mix things up. So when you're in the mood for something a little different, this is definitely a very delicious alternative!


Creamy Asparagus Bake
  • 1 lb. fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
  • 1/4 cup peppercorn ranch dressing
  • 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup coarsely crushed ritz crackers, about 12 crackers
preheat oven to 350 degrees. cook asparagus in simmering water in a large skillet for 2-3 minutes or until bright green, but still crisp. drain. toss asparagus in dressing. place in a 2 quart baking dish. sprinkle with cheese and cracker crumbs. bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and heated through.

No comments: