Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Vegetable Lasagna

I love lasagna and I got this recipe from my friend Aly and I've always wanted to try it. The only problem was that I knew my husband would never eat it because there is no meat in it. So I decided to make it for recipe club last week because I knew that everyone there would try it. I have to say that for a vegetarian dish, this was really good. Next time I make it I think I will put in less spinach and up the amount of mushrooms and that is what is so great about this dish, you can customize it with whatever vegetables you like best!




Vegetable Lasagna
  • extra large can of tomato sauce
  • rosemary, oregano, and parsley for seasoning
  • uncooked lasagna noodles
  • frozen spinach, cut frozen square in half
  • 2-3 carrots, grated (grated works best but you can slice them too)
  • green and yellow zucchini, sliced
  • mushrooms, sliced
  • broccoli, chopped (optional)
  • cottage cheese
  • mozzarella cheese, grated
  • american cheese, grated (if you can’t find use a pre-grated italian cheese mix)
  • garlic salt
  • dried tomatoes
in a crock pot layer the following in this order:

-1/3 of the tomato sauce—sprinkle with rosemary, oregano, and parsley
-uncooked lasagna noodles
-spinach
-grated carrots
-zucchini slices
-mushrooms
-broccoli
-cottage cheese

repeat all steps once more. add the cheeses on top. spread remaining tomato sauce on top of cheese. season with garlic salt and dried tomatoes. cook on high for 2-3 hours.

No comments: