Saturday, January 30, 2010

Taco Soup

This recipe is from my sister-in-law Mari and it is so good! I made it for the first time last night for dinner and my husband told me over and over again how much he liked it. I just love this soup because it's so incredibly easy to make but it tastes like you put a lot of time and effort into it. I also like how you can make it your own by adding your favorite toppings.


Taco Soup
  • 2 cans kidney beans
  • 2 cans stewed tomatoes
  • 1 can tomato soup
  • 1 can vegetable soup
  • 1 small jar of salsa
  • 1 package mild taco seasoning
  • 1 lb. hamburger, browned
mix all ingredients in a large crock pot. simmer on low for a few hours. add desired toppings.

*toppings:
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cups cheddar cheese
  • sour cream
  • 1 bag chips (fritos are best)

1 comment:

ashley said...

Valerie, this looks SO good! I would like to do a post for next Sunday with once of your recipes. Email me at ashleyrosereeves @ gmail . com and let me know which one you'd like me to post. Your blog is so cute, and the food looks SO good!