Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies

Growing up these cookies were a staple at my house and I will forever have memories of my mom baking them. I love these cookies because they are thick and chewy and taste amazing with a glass of milk. The recipe below is for a large batch so I always end up halving the recipe. If you do halve it, use 2 eggs instead of 3. This recipe also makes great oatmeal-raisin cookies so I have included that variation below.



Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • 1 lb. butter softened
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 6 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 4 cups chocolate chips
  • 2 cups nuts (optional)
beat butter with sugars. add eggs and vanilla and whip for 3-4 minutes. mix dry ingredients and add to sugar mixture and continue to beat with mixer. dough might be a little dry. add chocolate chips and nuts. bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. cookies should be light in color so don't over bake or cookies will become crunchy.

*raisin-oatmeal variation:
  • 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
  • 2 cups raisins
add oatmeal and raisins in place of chocolate chips and nuts.

2 comments:

Lauren♥Jaden♥Kaylie said...

I remember making these all the time at your house :) They are soooo yummy!

Caryn said...

One of the perks of having a stay-at-home mom: coming home to a batch of freshly baked cookies. If I accomplished nothing else but this, my life has been a success!