Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Homemade Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce

How many of you grew up having the canned cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving? I always did and so I was surprised to have homemade cranberry sauce when I spent my first Thanksgiving with my in-laws. My sister-in-law Kristin made it and it was so good that I told her I had to get the recipe. She said that all she did was get a bag of Ocean Spray cranberries and follow the directions on the back. I couldn't believe how easy it was and I have to admit I'm kind of embarrassed that I didn't know. Now there is no going back to the canned stuff and if there is anyone out there like me who didn't know, here is the recipe. You definitely need to try it!

Homemade Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce

  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 12-ounce package Ocean Spray® Fresh or Frozen Cranberries, rinsed and drained

combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan. bring to boil; add cranberries, return to boil. reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. cover and cool completely at room temperature. refrigerate until serving time. makes 2 1/4 cups.

No comments: