Monday, December 21, 2009

Frozen Chocolate Dessert

This is a recipe that my grandma used to make for her family when my mom was growing up and then when my mom was older she would make it for our family. I haven't had it in years so it was fun to make it myself for the first time. The recipe is really simple and easy and with the peppermint chocolate flavor and the crushed candy cane garnish it makes the perfect holiday treat!
Frozen Chocolate Dessert
  • 1 cup softened butter
  • 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
  • 4 squares melted unsweetened chocolate OR 14 tablespoons cocoa plus 4 tablespoons oil
  • 4 eggs, one at a time
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3/4 teaspoon peppermint
mix together with a hand mixer. pour into double lined paper cupcake cups in muffin tin, makes 12 individual desserts. freeze. top with whipped cream, nuts and maraschino cherries OR whipped cream and crushed candy cane.

No comments: