Friday, December 18, 2009

Cashew Cookies

Every Christmas my mom makes several different kinds of cookies and this is one of them. When I was younger I never wanted to try them because I didn't think cashews sounded good in a cookie. When I finally tried them I was surprised by how good they were. Now my problem is trying not to eat too many of them!

Cashew Cookies

  • 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 cup salted cashews

beat butter and sugar until creamy. add sour cream, egg and vanilla. beat well. add dry ingredients and mix well. stir in oats and cashews. drop by teaspoon on greased cookie sheet. (make sure cookie sheet is greased well or cookies will stick). bake 7-8 minutes at 400 degrees. cool and frost.

frosting:

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2-3 cups powdered sugar

melt butter in medium saucepan. brown lightly. remove from heat and cool 5 minutes. add milk, vanilla and sugar. mix well and frost cookies.

No comments: