Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hot Fudge Pudding

This is one of my favorite chocolate dessert recipes that I got from my mom. Not only is the chocolaty flavor so good, but the different textures inside of the pudding just make the whole thing so amazing! Inside there is the brownie-cake part of the pudding and then there is also the warm g00ey chocolate pudding. I like to serve mine with vanilla ice cream or home-made whipped cream. I make my whipped cream using the Stainless-Steel Cream Whipper from Williams-Sonoma pictured below. I prefer home-made whipped cream because it tastes so fresh and you can adjust the flavor to your liking.

Hot Fudge Pudding

  • 1 cup flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil

blend flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cocoa. stir in milk and oil. spread in a 9x9 baking pan.

*topping*
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup cocoa

mix together sugar and cocoa and sprinkle evenly over top of batter. pour 1 3/4 cups of hot water over the entire topping. bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.

No comments: